Saturday, June 30, 2012

3 Month Update

So it has certainly been a while since the last post. I just had the 3 month follow up appointment since the PCOS diagnosis. Mostly everything seems better. It was a really rough first month adjusting to the new meds and all. My weight is down 11 pounds, not as good as I should have had, but it's still progress.

Speaking of weight, I have started a new weight challenge with some friends called "Road To October". In other words "get this weight off asap before the weddings are here!" :) My goal is 30 pounds. My doctor has made this a "corporate goal" between her and I so that at my next 3 month visit I will be down in weight and we can talk about fertility medication.

A lot has changed at home in the last 3 months as well. We have 5+ extra people living in our house now. My brother-in-law and his family are now living with us. They had to move suddenly from Ft. Lauderdale for circumstances out of their control. It's a packed crazy household most of the time. I don't mind it quite as much as my husband (he being such a loner) but my sister-in-law is pregnant and due next month (hence the "+").  I have seriously mixed feelings about it, which is to be expected i think.

On one hand, hurray for them and hurray there will be a newborn in my home for me to hug and kiss and hold and take a gagillion photos of. On the other hand, I really wanted for us to be the one with a newborn in this home. I don't really feel jealous about it which surprises me a little. My in-laws are not currently in their ideal living situation and it's not very comfortable not living in your own home, especially with 4 (almost) kids. So I really can't be jealous of what they are having to deal with right now.

So as we try to get them on their own up here in Gainesville, I will continue to work towards my weight loss goals and health goals and family goals.



Smiles,

Kim





BTW, China adoption has been on my heart for almost 15 years now but for some reason it has come to the forefront of my brain quite a bit lately. Please pray with me about this. I know that we have a goal of this in the future but I am starting to think that we need to get this started sooner than expected.



No comments:

Post a Comment